If you think that chocolate-chip cookies are the best cookies, then take out some time and try these simple butter cookies! Trust me you’ll be amazed by the taste of these plain and simple cookies.
My hubby loves oats cookies and choco-chip cookies and so I make them over and over again. I really wanted to try something different and basic, and bingo! I hit the jackpot… Vishal totally loves these now and they get over the same day, no matter how many I make… They taste awesome hot from the oven with a cup of coffee…
The best part about these cookies is that there are only 4 ingredients !
These cookies just melt in your mouth and leave you mouth-watering for more!
(MAKES 16-18 COOKIES)
Butter: 112 gm
Caster Sugar: 55 gm
Plain Flour: 137 gm
Vanilla Essence: 1 tsp
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C.
2. Cream butter in a standing mixer until soft and creamy.
3. Add sugar and mix until pale and fluffy*. Add vanilla essence and mix again.
4. Sift in the flour and bring the mixture together to form a firm dough.
5. Using your hands, roll the dough into walnut sized balls and place them slightly apart on a baking tray*.
6. Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes or until they are light golden brown and slightly firm on top.
7. Carefully transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
-Do not over beat.
-No need to grease or line the baking tray