Cheese Chilli Toast is one of the quickest and yummiest recipe that you can enjoy with you loved ones.Its is quick and easy to make and can be served in the breakfast or as an evening snack.
I make these cheesy and crisp toasts in my oven but if you don’t have one you can make these by toasting it on a flat bottom pan (tawa) or in the toaster. But you can’t expect the same results as oven because the cheese melts and get its lovely golden brown color in oven only.
This recipe can be altered according to your taste and can be made with any type of bread (white bread/whole wheat bread or multi-grain bread).
You can even make Cheese Chilli Sandwich. Just grill or toast the sandwich in a sandwich maker.
Serve these cheesy toasts with Chilli Tomato Sauce and a chilled fruit juice and see the magic… It really can’t get better than this…
Here’s the recipe…
Makes 6 big triangles or 12 bite sized triangles.
Sandwich Bread Slices: 3
Butter: ½ tsp
Mozzarella Cheese* (grated): 85g
*Note: you can use any cheese and can alter the quantity as per taste.
Onions (finely chopped): 1big
Capsicum (Any color): 1 (I have used ½ Red and ½ Yellow)
Green Chillis (finely chopped): 1-2
Red Chilli Powder: ¼ tsp
1. Pre-heat the oven to 1800C
2. In a pan take butter and let it heat up. Add onion and capsicum and sauté on medium flame for 3-4 minutes.
3. Put this onion and capsicum mixture in another bowl and add cheese, green chillis and red chilli powder. Mix nicely.
4. Spread this mixture evenly over the bread slices.
5. Place these slices on a wire grill and keep it in the center rack position.
6. Toast at 1800 Cfor 5 minutes or till golden brown.
7. Remove using tongs and cut them into desired slices while still hot.
1. Salt is not needed as cheese itself balances the taste but if needed, you can add some.
2. Do not over toast the breads otherwise they’ll get very hard and the cheese will burn.
3. Ginger can also be added to butter (in step 2) to enhance the flavor.