Red-Velvet Cake-balls are just out of the world. They taste yummy and are visually very appealing. The strong flavour of the glorious red-velvet cup-cakes is balanced perfectly with cream-cheese frosting and also with chocolate coating.
If you want you can coat these cake-balls with dark chocolate or milk chocolate as well. They will also taste as good as these white ones. You can make a fresh Red-Velvet Cake or Cup-Cakes to make the cake balls or you can use the left over ones. They taste the same. For me it’s a real nice way to use all the left over Red-Velvet Cup-Cakes as the efforts put in making the cup-cakes gets fully and doubly paid…
These truffles are a unique way of eating the delightful red-velvet cake in a different way with chocolate.
If you like red-velvet cake then you will surely thank me for these.
Red Velvet Cup-Cakes: 2 jumbo cup-cakes
Cream Cheese Frosting: 2 tbsp or as needed to make a firm dough.
White Chocolate: 80 gm (for double coat) + some extra with red colour.
1. Take the cup-cakes and crumble them with a fork.
2. Add Cream-Cheese Frosting and made a bit tight dough.
3. Make equal sized balls and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes so that they don’t fall apart while coating.
4. Melt the chocolate and dip the cake-balls in it using dipping tools.
5. Refrigerate for another 15-20 minutes or until set and coat them again.
6. Take some melted white chocolate and add red colour gel to it and fill it in a piping bag.
7. Drizzle this chocolate on top to make them look cute.
1. Double coat the balls as single coat of white chocolate looks a translucent.