Chocolate Pretzels can be defined as a light biscuit with subtle flavour of chocolate.
These can be enjoyed alone or with chocolate sauce.
You can give them any shape, as what really matters is the soft and light chocolate flavour.
You can enjoy them with any beverage or like a dessert (with ice-cream and chocolate sauce)
Hope you will like them.
Here’s the recipe…
All-Purpose Flour: 150g
Cocoa Powder: 25g
Butter, softened: 115g
Caster Sugar: 115g
Egg, lightly beaten: 1
Egg White of 1 egg for brushing and some sugar crystals for sprinkling.
1. Preheat the oven to 190°and grease 2 baking sheets.
2. Sift flour and cocoa-powder together and keep aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar till pale, light and fluffy.
4. add the egg and beat till well incorporated.
5. Add flour and cocoa-powder in 3 batches while beating.
6. Gather the dough into a ball and refrigerate for an hour in an air-tight container.
7. Roll out the dough into 28 equal sized balls.
8. Roll each ball into a rope and arrange it and give the shape of a pretzel.
9. Place on the greased baking sheets and brush the pretzels with egg white.
10. Sprinkle sugar on top of them and bake for 10-12 minutes.
11. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.