Coconut is such a treat when combined with chocolate and Coconut Truffles have always been my favourite. These truffles are easy to make and will make your taste buds tickle.These truffles are one of the easiest truffles and makes people wonder about how you made them in such a short time. They taste like ‘Bounty’ and will easily satisfy you cravings for it.
Coconut truffles have a very subtle taste and are really light on taste. You don’t feel that the chocolate is overpowering the taste of coconut and vice-versa. Its a perfect combination for a light sweet truffle. Not only kids but grown-ups love it as well. People who love coconut will love them more than anything.
For making these truffles you don’t have to get any fancy items from posh shops. Just 3 simple ingredients and you are good to go.
I hope you’ll love them. Here’s the recipe…
Makes 12 Truffles
- Dessicated Coconut: 150 g
- Dark Chocolate: 100 g
- Condensed Milk: 90 g (as needed to make a firm dough)
- Take dessicated coconut in a mixing bowl and add 50 g of condensed milk.
- Mix nicely with a spoon or hand.
- Add more condensed milk, as required to make a tight dough so that it holds up as a ball.
- Line a plate with butter-paper and divide the dough into 12 equal sized portions.
- Make a round ball of each portion and keep on the butter-paper.
- Cover them and keep in fridge for atleast an hour.
- Melt chocolate and dip these balls in the chocolate one by one, with the help of dipping tools.
- Keep on butter-paper and let them set.
- Keep in truffle liners and serve as you wish.
Use dipping tools to dip the balls in chocolate nicely…
- If you feel that the dough is a bit runny and not holding-up, then add more coconut to balance it out.
If you are making these truffles in winters then keep them in fridge only for about 20 minutes but in summers give them a lot of time in fridge otherwise they will crumble while coating in chocolate.
While coating the coconut balls in chocolate make sure that the chocolate is not hot, otherwise the balls will break and crumble and the chocolate will be ruined.
In summers, store the truffles in fridge only and consume within 2-3 days.