I am a bit choosy when it comes to fish and prefer the fish to be perfectly cooked. And this is one of those few fish dishes I absolutely love. Usually fish is marinated and kept overnight in order to enhance the flavors. But this Fish Fry is marinated only for 2 hours and tastes great.
These fried fish pieces are crisp on the outside and deliciously juicy on the inside. You just need to have your spices in place to make this yummy fish fry.
Here’s the recipe…
- King Fish: 4 big pieces
- Garlic Paste: 2 tbsp
- Ginger Paste: 1+1/2 tbsp
- Green Chilli Paste: 1 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder:
- Coriander Powder:
- Garam Masala:
- Onion-Garlic Masala
- Lime Juice: 2 tbsp
- Salt: As per taste
- Chickpea Flour/Besan: 1/2 cup
- Semolina/Rawa: 3/4 cup
- Wash and clean the fish nicely. pat dry on a clean kitchen towel.
- Prepare the marinade by mixing all the spices in the garlic and ginger paste.
- Add lemon to it and mix nicely.
- Apply the marinade over the fish pieces very gently.
- When the fish pieces are coated nicely in marinade give a very light coat of chickpea flour and then sprinkle a good amount of semolina on both the sides.
- Let the marinaded and coated pieces of fish sit for 2 hours in fridge.
- shallow fry the fish in a flat bottom pan.
- Serve hot with coriander dip and fresh lemons.
- You can use any fish in place of king fish.
- The marinated and coated fish can be used directly also for shallow frying but giving it time in fridge helps marinate the fish better.
- If you don’t have a lot of time just give the fish only half an hour in fridge and then shallow fry.