Chocolate Chip Cookies are traditional, easy-to-make and delightful indulgence. These cookies are really easy to make. The recipe I use is very basic and gives superb results everytime.
If you’re having a dull day, jut get on to making these cookies and trust me, just the smell of them while baking will blow your mind! Have a glass of cold milk and some of these freshly baked cookies, you’ll know what heaven feels like
- Butter: 1/2 cup, softened
- White Sugar: 1/2 cup
- Brown Sugar: 1/2 cup, packed
- All-Purpose Flour: 1 cups
- Baking Soda: 1/2 tsp
- Dark Chocolate Chips: 1+1/2 cups
- Eggs: 1
- Vanilla Essence: 1/2 tsp
- Cream butter and sugar till pale and fluffy.
- Add vanilla essence and egg and beat again.
- Sift together flour and baking soda and add them to the above batter in 3 batches.
- Beat on low speed till nicely incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Keep in fridge for at least 30 minutes in an air-tight container.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180°C
- Divide the cookies into 20 equal sized balls and place them on lined cookie-sheet/tray and bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Leave them on the sheet for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let them cool completely before storing.
- Do not bake the cookies for more that 12 minutes, even if they appear to be undercooked.
- The prepared cookie dough can be kept for over a week in fridge.