Hello, foodies! I’m back with an exciting recipe that’ll blow your socks off. It is quick and so delicious that you’ll be left craving for more.
This recipe of Stir Fried Baby Corn is my take on the classic stir-fry recipes (which are countless.) If you want to make Stir Fried Chicken then all you need to do is replace baby corns with chicken (just remember to boil chicken for 2-3 whistles instead of 1.)
So, let’s get going.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15-20 minutes (frying takes up most of the time.)
- Baby Corns: 10-12
- Cabbage: 1/2 cup (shredded)
- Onion: 1 big (sliced thinly lengthwise)
- Carrots: 1 small (sliced thinly lengthwise)
- Green Capsicum: 1/2 (sliced thinly lengthwise)
- Garlic: 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Refined Flour/Maida: 1/2 cup
- Cornflour: 2 tbsp
- Oil: 2tbsp for stir-frying and extra for deep frying
- Salt: 1 tsp (or to taste)
- Vinegar: 1 tbsp
- Tobasco*: 1 tsp (see Note)
- Aginomotto: 1/2 tsp (optional)
Here’s a picture of my boiled baby corns and cut vegetables:
- Wash and slit the baby corns in two (if they are too thin then leave them as it is.)
- Boil them in a pressure cooker after adding 1/2 tsp salt for 1 whistle.
- Mix refined flour and corn flour (preferably in a plate) along with 1/4 tsp salt.
- Now put the baby corns in the flour mixture and gently coat them in the dry mixture.
- Deep fry the coated baby corns on high flame until they turn golden brown and look crispy.
- Now, take a wok or pan and add 2 tbsp oil. Heat it at high and add chopped garlic to it. Keep stirring it otherwise it’ll burn.
- Quickly add onion, cabbage and carrots in it and keep on stirring on high flame 2-3 minutes.
- Then add capsicum and keep on stirring for another minute.
- Add Tobasco, vinegar, aginomotto and salt. Stir fry nicely for another 30 seconds.
- Now add the fried baby corns in the wok/pan and mix nicely but gently. Keep stir frying for another minute or so and then serve hot.
- If you don’t have Tobasco then use tomato ketchup mixed with red chilli powder and vinegar (1 tbsp ketchup + 1/4 tsp red chilli powder + 1/2 tsp vinegar.)
- If you want to add soy sauce then you can do so, but the color of the dish won’t be a vibrant yellow and red. It’ll be a dull brown.