Ganache (as described on net) is a “glaze, icing, sauce, or filling for pastries
made from chocolate and cream. Ganache is normally made by heating
cream, then pouring it over chopped chocolate of any kind.“
I love the silky texture of Ganache and absolutely love all the variations.
The thing I like about Ganache is its versatile texture that can be easily altered according to its use by reducing or increasing the cream content.
Ganache goes well with almost any dessert and its truffles are also amazing.
Ganache can be used as a sauce, filling or a base for frosting or in chocolates. Chocolate-Coffee Ganache or just Coffee Ganache is one of my favourites and I hope you will also like it.
Here’s the recipe…
Dark Chocolate, chopped: 100g
Fresh Cream: 100g
Instant Coffee Powder: 1 tbsp
1. Take cream in a heavy-bottom pan and place it over low heat.
2. When bubbles start to appear add coffee powder to it. Stir nicely.
3. Add chopped chocolate and take the mixture off heat. stir with a spatula while melting the chocolate. Keep on low heat again if needed for 20 seconds.
4. Mix everything nicely.
5. Allow it to cool.
1. Any chocolate can be used (dark, milk or white.)
2. Do not overcook the cream.
3. Coffee content can be varied as per need.