These lamb cutlets are a developed and modified version of my mother’s lamb kebabs. When you eat these cutlets, first of all you feel the crispiness of the coating and a moment later, the entire filling of lamb just melts into your mouth and you are left oozing over their splendid taste.
The smell of these cutlets reminds me of my mother’s love and her cooking. When I was a kid I used to be super obsessed with these and hated to share them with anyone.
I hope you’ll enjoy them as well.
Here’s the recipe…
Lamb Mince: 500 gm
Split Bengal Gram: 100 gm
Garlic: 4-5 cloves (peeled and cut)
Green Chilli: 2-3 (cut)
Coriander: hand full
Black Pepper Corns: 3-4
Black Cardamom: 1(peeled)
Cinnamon: 1/2″ piece
Star Anise: 1/2 star
Red Chilli Powder: 1 tsp (optional)
Salt: As per taste.
Water: 1 Cup
Bread (for crumbs): 2 Toasted Breads (I used brown breads)
Oil for shallow frying.
1. Take lamb mince, split bengal gram, ginger, garlic, cloves, pepper corns, star anise, green chillis, coriander, black cardamom, cinnamon stick and salt in a bowl and mix well.
2. Put the above mixture in a pressure cooker and add water.
3. Give 4-5 whistles on medium flame and let the cooker cool down on its own.
4. Take the above mixture and grind it in a mixer. (Don’t add water).
5. Add red chilli powder and mix nicely.
6. Make flat oval shapes and keep them in fridge for 15 minutes.
1. Toast the breads in toaster on 6 (or on gas till they become hard) and grind them coarsely in a mixer. Keep the bread crumbs in a flat plate.
2. Beat the egg in a separate bowl and add a pinch of salt and beat it lightly. Keep aside.
1. Take out the cutlets from fridge and dip them in the beaten egg.
2. Roll the above cutlet in bread crumbs and keep aside.
3. Heat oil for shallow frying in a flat pan/tawa on medium flame.
4. Keep the coated cutlets on the pan and cook on either side till golden brown in color.
i. These cutlets taste great with coriander chutney or tomato ketchup.
ii. Serve them along with well-toasted and buttered breads.
I have linked this recipe to Fabulous Feast Friday